Sophie Hatter Cosplay Tutorial; Pt 2: Makeup Tests and the Wig


I was excited to get started on makeup tests so pretty much the day the wig arrived I started. I think I did 3 or 4 makeup tests before we went to the con. 


So this is from the first makeup test I did the day the wig and the hat arrived. I wanted to mostly use makeup that I already had. I'll go into more detail about what I used, etc. later. The one thing I did really notice in the first one is that I needed grey eyebrows.

So, after the first makeup test I decided to look around at for some sort of grey eyebrow pencil or something. I ended up getting a small eyeshadow palette that had a grey color in it, thats what I used from then on. 

I also went on Pinterest to find some reference photos of what I wanted for my makeup. I ended up using some pictures from this website. 

This next picture is from the second makeup test. I had the grey eyeshadow with me this time so I used that on my eyebrows. Also, the dress had arrived! I'll talk more about the dress in another post, but to say the least I was ecstatic. 

 

(I think I did one more makeup test, but forgot to take pictures.)


The wig for the most part was amazing and I was SO happy with it. The only thing I had to adjust was the bangs. I had my aunt cut the bangs to where I could still keep them to the side without being in my eyes too much. Every person is different though, so the bangs might work great for you!

I got the wig on Amazon, here. If it goes out of stock I'm sure there are alternatives, just be sure to read the reviews and look at any pictures of it to make sure it's right for you!

Go follow my Pinterest board to see more of what went on, and to see future things I want to work on! 

Talk soon,

Syd

Comments

Popular Posts