Choosing a Cosplay/ Announcement

Hi all!


SO,


One of the hardest things for me to do is choose a cosplay. It's so hard!! Because I personally always like to take into account who is going to a con, if I have people to dress up as characters with me, etc. SO, I'll be taking you a little into the process of how I personally choose, but it's different for everybody and you should just do what you want!


I also purely base my choosing on if I like a character, etc. And I never think about, "Oh I don't look like that character," etc. YOU SHOULD DO WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES! It should never be based on whether or not you, "look," like a character.


So I usually go in spurts of becoming slightly obsessed with movies/shows, so usually whatever I'm currently really into, is usually what I'll dress up from.


 I also take into account how many cons I'll be going to and how many days. So if I'm going to a convention for just one day, I'll usually just do one cosplay.



I think this was 2016, so about a year after the first of the new trilogy came out. 


I was really in love with Star Wars at the time. This was the second time I went to a con, but the first time I went dressed up. I made pretty much everything in this, but thats for another post. I wore this two times to a con, and one time to a costume party I think. 



This was 2017, I went with some friends to the convention.



Annabeth Chase for a book festival.



This was my 4th con, and to be completely honest I didn't spend a whole lot of time on this costume.


But, thats ok! It was loads of fun and that's what counts! My cousins and I dressed all up as gender bent Avengers characters. Sometimes if I find a costume I can buy online that looked super detailed it's hard for me to resist! This one especially. I just really loved everything about it. I have only worn this once.



This was a super last minute Clary Fray costume for a book festival. I just wore black and used sharpie for the runes. (My cousins were a big help in helping me put them on haha)



This was a picture the con featured on their social media, which was so cool!


I was/ am super proud of this last one. Again this is something I was kind of watching a lot at the time, which kind of determined what I wanted to go as. 


Long story short, it doesn't really matter what you decide as long as it's something you like, etc. I'm always struggling internally because I just want to cosplay everything. Alas, I don't have the time, nor the money to do that, haha. 




ONTO ANNOUNCEMENTS!!


I have gone through my whole thought process and after hours or research, watching My Hero Academia and talking with friends,


I've decided to cosplay...




















Drumroll please



























MINA ASHIDO FROM MY HERO ACADEMIA!


I'll be cosplaying her in the school gym uniform along with some friends dressed up as Hatsume Mei and Ochako Uraraka. I'm SO excited for this and I hope you all can follow along with me! I chose Ashido because she's just such a great character. I also have never done a cosplay where I had to facepaint, so this should be a fun experiment/ challenge! 



I hope to get a youtube channel up soon, so keep looking out for a new blog post about that in the near future. I'm so excited to be getting to do this. Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

Be sure to follow my instagram, Syd_cosplays


And as always GO BEYOND,




PLUS ULTRA!!!


-Syd

Comments

Popular Posts